Saturday, May 9, 2009

Fabric Postcard / Party Invitation

I just found this cute idea and thought I'd share it with you all. Artist's Trading Cards (ATC's) have been around for quite a while, but this is a much simpler way to create an "artsy" postcard. And if you're creating invitations, that's what you need--easy!

I also like that this idea would be perfect to use with the other 2 techniques I've done tutorials on.

Broderie Perse applique could be featured on the postcard, rather than a printed fabric---a cut-out motif bonded to a solid background would make a perfect little picture! You could probably even find fabric with a motif or design that relates to your party theme!

This is a great little project to practice your thread painting! Simple highlights on your fabric would really add a lot. Try out some of those special threads in your collection!

Here's the link. I get the newsletter from this site--they have some great ideas:

http://www.craftstylish.com/item/46433/how-to-make-a-fabric-postcard-party-invitation

1 comment:

Jazzy Jemz said...

There are so many ways to leave your trademark on your items! Im still working on my business ... one day I will venture in to ATCs.