Thursday, September 17, 2009

Barkcloth laptop bag/diaper bag/tote!



This summer I was given the opportunity ( by another Artfire artisan) to submit something for a silent auction at the American Business Women's Association convention at the end of this month. Paula was collecting Artfire items to put in a bag---I jumped at the chance to make THE BAG!

I've been buying some gorgeous vintage barkcloth this summer and thought the brown and turquoise would be beautiful for fall. I did buy some commercial cotton for the lining because I didn't have anything to match.

I designed the bag around the print on the fabric. This created a rather large bag, so I measured my laptop to make sure it would fit, as long as it was going to be that large. The bottom of the bag is firm and padded, so it's "laptop friendly". It's also a great size for a diaper bag or just a general tote.

There are pockets inside and out and the top zips closed---should be very nice to use.

The button on the flap is my favorite button in my collection--it's from my grandmother's estate. It just looked TOO GOOD to not put on this bag!
I'm very pleased with the results and have posted it in my Artfire studio, as I can create more such bags if they are custom ordered.

No comments: