Thursday, February 9, 2012

This is Cody.  We've known each other for about 3 1/2 years and it's been wonderful.  He's got a personality the opposite of mine---he's very reserved.  He still looks away when I first approach him---too much energy coming from me aimed right at him!  But he trusts me.  He'll drop his head, a sign of relaxation, and approach me.  When we first meet-up, he likes me to face the same direction as he is, and tuck my shoulder under his neck so our heads are next to each other.  I rub his cheeks and neck and speak softly.  Then I turn and wrap my arms around his neck and chest.  He really loves a big hug!  In fact, when we're doing ground work, when I call him to me, his preferred approach is to walk all the way up to have his chest against mine, asking for a hug.  Lately, when I start to pull away, he'll wrap his neck around me as if to pull me close again.

I never knew it would be like this............

No comments: