Monday, March 16, 2009

No Sewing Machine! What ever will I do???

I'm taking my sewing machine into the shop tomorrow. I'm a sewer. And, I'm ashamed to admit, it's been years since I had my Pfaff serviced. It's quite a trek to a Pfaff shop, but we're going that way tomorrow and I'm going to bring the old girl along for a check-up. Not sure how long they'll keep her, but I'm already thinking about what I can do without my machine. I'm actually looking forward the time!

Making wall hangings and other projects with fabric doesn't necessarily require sewing anymore. First I'm going to get out my Shiva Paint Stix and rubbing plates and stencils and create some "art fabric". The paint stix are such fun and I haven't really dedicated much time to using them. I'll post some of my results here, later. I'm hoping to use the resulting fabrics in wall hangings, but also want to make some artsy looking handbags.

Speaking of handbags, I have a number of original designs---they're really cute!--and I'm going to dig thru my stash and cut out a couple of bags to put together later. I want to offer handbags on my ArtFire studio.

I love Steam A Seam II !! I use it for my picture quilts. If you haven't tried it, you can attach this bonding agent to the wrong side of the fabric and, after cutting out your shapes, the pieces will temporarily stick wherever you put them, until you permanently bond them with the iron. So, I can do some more designing and putting things together, leaving the quilting til my machine comes home.

And then there's the mess in my studio...I could always work on cleaning it up.........maybe!

1 comment:

catinalife said...

Hi neighbor....love your art and sewing. The art fabric sticks is intriguing, definitely want to see what you do with those. Hope your baby was able to come home from the doc!! bet you would miss it after just a day.